Auroch / Steve Jackson Games Agree On Digital Ogre Release
Ogre, the classic game of future tank warfare, will come to PC via Steam next year in a hex/turn based adaptation by experienced Steam developer and publisher Auroch Digital. Ogre raised nearly a million dollars on Kickstarter for its giant Designer’s Edition, and one of the stretch-goal promises was “We will do a computer game.” Here it comes. Work on the project will begin immediately, and the game should be released in late 2017.
ABOUT THE PUBLISHERS
Auroch Digital Ltd. is the acclaimed and multiple award-nominated Bristol-based indie games studio, founded by veteran game designer Dr. Tomas Rawlings.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Steve Jackson Games: www.sjgames.com/ogre/
MODIPHIUS ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES FORTHCOMING STAR TREK™ ADVENTURES, A NEW ROLEPLAYING GAME & MINIATURES LINE
Starfleet Academy Intake 2016 Launches August 4 at Gen Con with Living Campaign Playtest Registration, Free Capt. Kirk and Picard Miniatures
LONDON, ENGLAND (July 21, 2016): Modiphius Entertainment, publisher of the Achtung! Cthulhu, Mutant Chronicles, Conan, Infinity and John Carter of Mars roleplaying games, is excited to announce today the development of Star Trek Adventures, the first new official Star Trek roleplaying game to be produced in more than a decade. The news comes as Star Trek fans worldwide celebrate Star Trek’s 50th anniversary in 2016.
Fans of the legendary Star Trek television series’ and films will not only boldly go to the final frontier, but they will shape the voyages and missions through the Star Trek Adventures living campaign playtest. Each player will experience the game differently based on the ship they are assigned to and attendees of Gen Con will have the exclusive North American opportunity to choose their ship, as well as claim a free Captain Kirk or Captain Picard miniature, while supplies last, when they register for the playtest. Registration will take place daily at the Modiphius booth #2737 in the Gen Con exhibit hall August 4 – 7, 2016.
Additional sign-ups will launch online from late August at www.modiphius.com/star-trek and fans in Europe will have their chance to claim Kirk or Picard at the Modiphius booth at Essen-Spiel in Germany in October and at Dragonmeet in the UK in December. The living campaign playtest will launch in the fall.
“Since I was a kid I dreamed of sitting in the captain’s chair and boldly going on my own voyages,” says Modiphius Entertainment’s publishing director Chris Birch. “With Star Trek Adventures we can all explore our own stories in the worlds of Captain Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer and many others.”
Star Trek Adventures will use the Modiphius 2d20 game system (Mutant Chronicles, Infinity, Conan, John Carter of Mars) designed by Jay Little (Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, X-Wing Miniatures Game). Modiphius is also sculpting an accompanying Star Trek miniature figure line, the first to be produced in 17 years. Resin and metal 32mm-scale hobby figures will feature classic Star Trek characters and crews, boarding parties and away teams. Geomorphic tile maps of burning Federation ships, mysterious colonies and embattled Klingon cruisers will set the scene for dramatic new voyages in the Final Frontier.
Under license by CBS Consumer Products, Star Trek Adventures is slated for a Summer 2017 release and the playtest crews will be listed in the Star Trek Adventures book manifest. Sign up for Starfleet now at www.modiphius.com/star-trek
™ & ©2016 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About Modiphius Entertainment
Modiphius Entertainment is a London, England-based entertainment publisher of tabletop games and related hobby merchandise. The company launched its first game, the Achtung! Cthulhu Roleplaying Game, in 2013 via a highly successful Kickstarter, followed by 5 additional projects that were among the biggest in the Kickstarter tabletop games category. A slew of games are in development with licensed properties including the forthcoming Star Trek Adventures RPG & Miniatures, Mutant Chronicles RPG, DUST Adventures RPG based on Paolo Parente’s DUST universe, Infinity Roleplaying Game, Matt Leacock’s Thunderbirds, a cooperative board game based on the classic 60’s show and the official Kung Fu Panda Boardgame.
Modiphius Entertainment seeks to inspire with its tales of heroism, adventure and courage and is built on strong principles of fair business practices. Modiphius Entertainment also works to combat global child trafficking through raising awareness of and funds for Vision Rescue. For more information, please visit modiphius.com.
SYRINSCAPE ANNOUNCES GEN CON LINE-UP WITH PATHFINDER, CATAN®, MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS, ATTENDEE AUDITIONS AND MORE
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (July 19, 2016) – Syrinscape, creator of the award-winning apps that put the power of custom, movie-like sound effects, soundscapes and music at the fingertips of the gamer, announces today its line-up of activities and events for Gen Con 2016, the Best Four Days in Gaming.
Live RPG Plus Pathfinder All-Star Event
Dicestormers host Benjamin Loomes will attempt a TPK against Pathfinder all-stars Erik Mona, Jason Bulmahn, F. Wesley Schneider and Crystal Frasier in Live RPG Plus, an audience-driven interactive RPG adventure. Using the Realm Works campaign management tool and Syrisncape’s sound app, Live RPG Plus will transform the Westin Capitol III Ballroom into a fast and fun gaming experience for the players as well as the audience, who will contribute to the action via shout-outs and social media to alter the course of the game. The event includes live audience auditions to become the monstrous roar of the boss the party will encounter, a workshop for creating sounds for tabletop games and incorporating Syrinscape and Realm Works into your game. Tickets are $2, on sale now. Saturday, August 6 from 7-9:00pm.
VAMPIRE HUNTER D: MESSAGE FROM MARS COMES TO THE WORLD OF PATHFINDER
Exclusive Vampire Hunter D: Message from Mars Pathfinder RPG Supplement Brings the Power of Vampire Hunter D to Any Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Campaign
REDMOND, WA (July 7, 2016): Paizo Inc., publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, announces today the Pathfinder supplement stretch goal for the Vampire Hunter D: Message from Mars Kickstarter has now been unlocked, bringing the cult-favorite Vampire Hunter D from the novels by Hideyuki Kikuchi to the world of Pathfinder.
The Vampire Hunter D Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Supplement includes statistics for Vampire Hunter D and other Message from Mars characters, equipment, and settings, written by Paizo Inc.’s editor-in-chief and Vampire D mega-fan F. Wesley Schneider. The PDF, added to Frontier Drifter and higher tiers on the Kickstater, also includes an official Vampire Hunter class archetype for use in any Pathfinder RPG campaign.
“I absolutely love Vampire Hunter D, not just for the countless dark fantasy tropes it embraces, but for all those it so brilliantly defies,” says Paizo editor-in-chief F. Wesley Scheider. “The chance to bring D to the Pathfinder world has been a fantastic nightmare and one that I can’t wait to share!”
Vampire Hunter D: Message from Mars is the comic book adaptation of Message from Cecile, a Hideyuki Kikuchi short story previously only published for a fan event in Japan.
For more information, visit the Kickstarter at:
About the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
In the best-selling Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, players take on the role of brave adventurers fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil. The Pathfinder RPG is currently translated into eight languages, and the vibrant Pathfinder universe has been licensed for comic book series, graphic novels, miniatures, plush toys, and apparel, and is being developed into a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game.
About Paizo Inc.
Paizo Inc. is publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Tales novels, as well as board games and accessories. The Pathfinder world, in which players take on the role of brave adventurers fighting to survive in a world beset by magic and evil, is currently translated into eight languages, and has been licensed for comic book series, graphic novels, toys, and apparel, and is being developed into an MMORPG. Paizo.com is also a leading online hobby retail store, offering tens of thousands of products from a variety of publishers to customers all over the world.
The Caped Crusader defends Gotham City against crime and injustice!
Announcing Batman: The Animated Series Dice Game
This November, Steve Jackson Games and Cryptozoic Entertainment, in partnership with DC Comics, are publishing a new game based on Batman: The Animated Series. Players take on the roles of the most nefarious villains in Gotham City in this newest member of the One More Roll™ line of press-your-luck dice games, joining Dino Hunt Dice, Trophy Buck, and Zombie Dice.
In Batman: The Animated Series Dice Game, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, The Riddler, and The Joker are attempting bank heists all across Gotham City. Assume the role of one of these evil-doers and use your unique power to foil the World’s Greatest Detective and escape with the most loot!
“I am vengeance! I am the night!” said Steve Jackson Games COO Sam Mitschke, before fwooshing down a hallway, wishing he had a cape.
Batman: The Animated Series Dice Game is designed by Sam Mitschke and Randy Scheunemann and is scheduled for release in November 2016.
ABOUT STEVE JACKSON GAMES
Steve Jackson Games, based in Austin, Texas, has been publishing games, game books, and magazines since 1980. Its best-selling game is Munchkin, with almost 7 million copies of the games and supplements in print worldwide. Other top sellers are GURPS (the Generic Universal RolePlaying System), Zombie Dice, and Illuminati. Past hits have included Car Wars and Toon. Steve’s very first game, Ogre, originally released in 1977, drew almost a million dollars’ worth of Kickstarter support in 2012 for a super-deluxe edition, which was released in late 2013.
ABOUT CRYPTOZOIC ENTERTAINMENT
Founded in 2010, Cryptozoic Entertainment, Inc. is a premier developer and publisher of original and licensed board games, card games, comics and trading cards, including the DC ComicsTMDeck-Building Game, The Walking DeadTM Board Game, The Big Bang Theory: The Party Game and GhostbustersTM : The Board Game, one of the most funded tabletop games in Kickstarter history. Following a philosophy and core principle of “Fans First,” the dedicated gamers and fans of the Cryptozoic Entertainment team are focused on producing fun and amazing products along with epic events that bring all gaming fans together as part of the Cryptozoic community. Visit www.cryptozoic.com for more information about product releases.
ABOUT DC COMICS
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels, and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
Media Alert: Gen Con 2016 to Feature Record-Breaking Number of Exhibitors, On-Pace to Set Attendance Records
I think we all knew this!
INDIANAPOLIS (July 7, 2016) Gen Con 2016 will return to the Indiana Convention Center August 4-7 for THE BEST FOUR DAYS IN GAMING™, and current badge sales indicate the show is on-pace for record attendance as well.
Gen Con is the original, longest running, and best-attended gaming convention in the world. Gen Con 2016 will feature more than 15,000 events taking place over the four-day weekend. Last year, Gen Con set an attendance record with more than 61,000 unique attendees coming from all 50 states, every Canadian province, and more than 54 countries. For the first time ever, Gen Con will offer programming in the Lucas Oil Stadium exhibition space. According to tourism group Visit Indy, Gen Con drives more than $67 million in annual activity to the city of Indianapolis. At Gen Con 2016, attendees will have a chance to meet the experts in the gaming industry, play newly released games, and get a sneak peek at the latest developments.
Gen Con 2016 will be open to the public Thursday, August 4, through Sunday, August 7, 2016. Thursday through Saturday, the Exhibit Hall is open 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm. 24-hour gaming takes place at the Indiana Convention Center and at area hotels during the four-day event.
Everyone attending Gen Con must purchase a badge. A badge allows the individual entrance to the show, admittance to the Exhibit Hall, Art Show, Anime events, seminars and any events happening in the public areas that do not require an event ticket. Approved press can receive complimentary passes to Gen Con. The Gen Con Press Room can be found in Room 114 of the convention center.
· Badges are available now at www.gencon.com <http://www.gencon.com> with either domestic shipping or Will Call pick-up on-site.
· Pre-Registration ends on June 19 at midnight (Eastern). After Pre-Registration closes, badges will revert to their on-site rates and only Will Call options will remain.
o Pre-Registration 4-Day Badge Price: $90
o Pre-Registration Single-Day (Thursday-Friday-Saturday) Badge Price: $55
o Sunday, August 7 is Family Fun Day!
§ $45 for a family of four
§ Children ages 8-and-under are free with a Child Wristband
· Registration and On-Site Badge Prices
o 4-Day Badge Price: $120
o Single-Day (Thursday-Friday-Saturday) Badge Price: $75
o Sunday, August 7 is Family Fun Day!
§ $45 for a family of four
§ Children ages 8-and-under are free with a Child Wristband
Updated Headlines for Gen Con 2016
· Badge Sales at a Record Pace – Last year, Gen Con reached a four-day turnstile attendance of more than 197,695 and a unique attendance of more than 61,000. This year, badges are moving at an even faster rate.
· Sun King Brewing’s 20-Sided Rye Tapping Party – Wednesday, August 3 – Indy’s own Sun King Brewing is releasing their 5th official Gen Con beer, 20-Sided Rye. An open-to-the-public tapping party will serve as the official kick-off to Gen Con 2016, beginning on Wednesday, August 3 at 5 pm on Georgia St. This party will feature live music and entertainment.
· Mayfair Games Charity Event: Saboteur Tournament – Saturday, August 6 – Gen Con Co-Sponsor Mayfair Games will host a gaming event supporting the Official 2016 Charity, The PourHouse, on Saturday, August 6. Participants will play the popular card game Saboteur in a multi-round tournament where the winner will receive a seat in the Saboteur World Championship in Budapest, Hungary in November, 2016.
· Paizo Inc. Reveals Upcoming Games at Gen Con – Gen Con Co-Sponsor Paizo Inc. will have hundreds of events at this year’s convention including Pathfinder RPG events in the Sagamore Ballroom located inside the Indiana Convention Center as well as a full Exhibits Hall presence. They also will reveal new products from the world of Pathfinder to brand new RPG initiatives and product lines to come.
· Rio Grande Games Continues Tradition – Gen Con Co-Sponsor Rio Grande Games continues its tradition of offering players the chance to learn and play are their new games including Dominion: Empires, the latest expansion, along with all other Dominion games.
· Gen Con 2016 Charity Partner The PourHouse – Gen Con has partnered with The PourHouse, a local charity to Indianapolis. The PourHouse, which opened in 2004, provides street outreach and peer advocacy for individuals experiencing homelessness in Indianapolis. In 2015, Gen Con’s programming generated more than $40,000 for the 2015 Charity Partner, The Julian Center.
· Georgia Street Experience – Georgia St. will be filled with food and activities with more than 40 food trucks, the Sun King Brewery Beer Garden, Hot Box Pizza food area, games, and more.
· 31st Annual Costume Contest – The best and most creative costumes will be on display for all to see. Numerous awards will be bestowed across a wide swath of categories during the 31st Annual Costume Contest beginning Saturday, August 6 at 3:30 pm with the pre-show.
· Author’s Avenue, Art Show, and Artist’s Avenue – Earlier this year, Gen Con announced the Author Guest of Honor, Robin Hobb¸ who will be signing books in the book signing area of the Exhibit Hall. Artist Tyler Jacobson has been selected as the Gen Con 2016 Artist Guest of Honor. Jacobson’s credits include illustration for games such as Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering. More than 80 artists will take part in the annual Gen Con Art Show, and prints and original artwork will be available for purchase from many participating artists in the Exhibit Hall
· Film Festival – Filmmakers from around the world gather to compete in the Gen Con Film Festival. Some travel from as far away as New Zealand and every other corner of the country for screenings, film panels, and a chance to win many coveted awards.
· Puppet Program – In its second year, the puppet program has a variety of events for novice to professional puppeteers, including workshops on creating puppets, as well as beginning to advance puppeteering. The main event for this program is the Late Night Puppet Slam, an adult puppet comedy skit show.
· Record Number of Sponsors and Media Partners – More companies are bringing dedicated events and event space to Gen Con 2016. This year features the following sponsors: Mayfair Games, Paizo Inc. Rio Grande Games, CoolStuffInc., Upper Deck Company, LLC., ACD Distribution, Breaking Games/Ad Magic, Spin Master Games, Czech Games Edition, The Pokémon Company International, Asmodée Éditions, Cards Against Humanity, CoolMiniOrNot, End Transmission Games, Fantasy Flight Games, Brotherwise Games, Dimension, Interactive Intelligence, Lone Shark Games, MegaCon Games, ODAM Publishing, Sun King Brewery, White Wizard, Games, Games & Gears, HotBox Pizza, Kickstarter, Offworld Designs Inc., Saltire Games, Scotty’s Brewhouse, The PourHouse, Yo-kai Watch, American Mensa Ltd., Do317, GeekDad, and Nuvo Inc.
Family Fun at Gen Con 2016
Pathfinder Player Companion: Legacy of Dragons
For untold millennia, the humanoid races have dwelt alongside mighty wyrms. Dragons have helped raise – and destroy – great empires, and wherever they pass they leave a heritage of awe and power.
Pathfinder Player Companion: Legacy of Dragons delves into the ripples left by a dragon’s passing: the legends and philosophies left in their wake, the vendettas sworn against them, and especially the bloodlines they foster. Learn to think, move, and fight like these legendary beasts, and call out the untapped potential in your own blood. Dragons stop being monsters and become your first step toward personal glory with Legacy of Dragons!
32 pages, Softcover, Full color
New and classic characters from the Ghostbusters™ franchise are blasting their way into DeNA’s strategic battle RPG, Blood Brothers ®2! Beginning today, Blood Brothers 2 (BB2) players will get to experience Ghostbusters characters, reimagined in the BB2 art style, in conjunction with the theatrical release of Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters on July 15. Blood Brothers 2 is available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad, and on Google Play for Android devices.