If you haven’t read the first two installments of this article you might want to start there.
I have gone ahead and converted a Ellyrian Reaver into a Centigor. Since, I am not very artsy I am quite happy with the result. I even think it is a better representation of the what I believe a Centigor should look like than the actual models. Below I will give you the step by step instructions that I used followed by a gallery of photos.
First, you need to grab a Reaver and a pair of nippers.
- Then you nip off the spear neatly. Make sure you save it. I used it on the finished product
- Next nip off the head and neck of the horse.
- Hack off the body of the elf.
- And finally chop off the front legs of your horse.
Second Clean up
- In this stage you clean up any unwanted parts of the model. That is you grind, knife, or file the parts that need to disappear. There are quit a few, but the plastic is softer than a lot of other GW plastic. That makes it easy to knife.
- I removed the elf legs, a small portion of the armor (Centigors have light armor), as much of the saddle as possible, and a small part of the tail to make it look more beastly.
Third the Build
- In this stage I glued on the Gor legs, torso, head and arms.
- I used the shield to cove a large smooth part on the Gor.
- For the arms I used one weaponless arm and a spear arm. Remember I told you I used the spear. I didn’t lie. I glued it on another Converted Centigor that has 2 axes instead of a spear. i will get picks soon.
- I also glued 2 axes to the side of the Centigor conversion and one great axe. Nowmy Centigor can be used as any build.
Fourth the Putty
- Looking back at this I should have done the sculpting before gluing on the arms and weapons. If I would have waited I would have been able to do a better job sculpting.
Fifth Clean up
’nuff said. It really was pretty easy, and I encourage any player who wants Centigors to build them. I paid 10.00 for the bits to make 5. I think I have done just fine with my money.
These are the photo's of the step by step process of converting my Reavers into Centigors.
Start with a Reaver[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-010_0.jpg]690Finished Centigor unpainted
[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-011_0.jpg]460Top of Finished Centigor
After all is said and done a converted Reaver doesn't look bad. Still a few loose ends but I am happy.[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-012_0.jpg]600Right Side
I am trying to figure out how I am going to mount the throwing axes.[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-014_0.jpg]380Phase 2
lop off the horses head[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-015_0.jpg]300Phae 4
clean off elf legs[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-016_0.jpg]220Phase 3
Lop off the elf[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-017_0.jpg]240Phase 5
Lop off horse legs[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-020_0.jpg]190Phase 6
Gab a Gor[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-021_0.jpg]170Phase 7
Cut the legs off the Gor[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-022_0.jpg]130Gor
Legs[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion-legs.jpg]250Gor Legs
Added a set of gor legs[img src=http://gamer-goggles.com/wp-content/flagallery/centigor/thumbs/thumbs_conversion_torso.jpg]350Gor
added Gor Torso